Students being tardy to class continues to be the most challenging disruption to Green Hope High School. As a result of the every increasing number of student tardies a committee was formed to review the policy and to make recommendations to the GHHS Administration. A committee comprised of students, parents, and teachers was assembled. They used the data available and their own personal experiences to come up with the recommendation that follows.
Tardy – A student is tardy to class if they enter the classroom after the tardy bell has sounded.
- 1st Late = teacher warning
- 2nd Late = teacher warning and parent contact
- 3rd Late = report to Administration or allow teacher to assign an Administrative ASD. The teacher must give 24 hour notice. When assigning an ASD the teacher must make a phone call to the parents. The documents must then be delivered to 2106 prior to the days end.
- 4th Late = referral to Administration
Seniors will receive 1 absence for every 4 tardys – these absences count ONLY toward exam exemption. Teachers must record the tardy in NCWise – DO NOT record an absence. NCWise will be used to verify records.
Seniors with no tardys can earn back 1 absence toward exam exemptions
All other students with no tardys are eligible for the PTSA sponsored Tardy free candy bar celebration once each semester.
• Note: Teachers must make sure all information is correct in NCWise.
Administrative Consequences include:
- - After School Detention
- - Juniors/Seniors lose off campus lunch pass
- - Juniors/Seniors lose parking pass
- - No show for after school detention = Out of School Suspension – OS
Please note that if half of the class is missed, the student will be marked absent for the entire class period.