WCPSS and Green Hope High School Dress Code Policies
We are committed to providing a safe and orderly learning environment for all students. For this reason, we will continue to enforce a strict dress code. As you plan your school wardrobe, please review the WCPSS dress code policy (6410) and plan accordingly. This policy can be found on the web by going to www.wcpss.net/policy-files/index.html. It is important to note that in addition to the items listed in the WCPSS policy, Green Hope does not allow spaghetti straps, halters, or backless shirts. Students must not wear clothing that exposes the midriff, cleavage, or buttocks.
Appropriate dress is necessary in order to maintain an atmosphere that is conducive to learning and safety. Green Hope High School is focused on learning and the staff and administration are committed to providing a safe, orderly learning environment for all students. In order to support this, the following dress code will be enforced:
Students at Green Hope High School will not be permitted to wear:
- · Exposed undergarments
- · Sagging pants
- · Excessively short or tight garments
- · Bare midriff shirts
- · Strapless or backless shirts, spaghetti straps, halters
- · Attire with messages or illustrations that are lewd, indecent, or vulgar or that advertise any product or service not permitted by law to minors
- · Head covering of any kind
- · See-through clothing
- · Attire that exposes cleavage
- · Any adornment such as chains or spikes that reasonably could be perceived as or used as a weapon
- · Any symbols, styles or attire frequently associated with intimidation, violence or violent groups about which students at a particular school have been notified.
Students who violate the dress code will be required to change their clothing or to remain in ISS. Parents will be notified in writing of dress code violations and a copy will be retained in the student’s discipline file.